UX Design Awards 2019 Winners20.08.19
And the Winners are… UX Design Awards 2019 Winners Announced!
The Global Competition for Outstanding People Experiences announces 10 winners in three categories: “Gold”, “Product” and “Concept”. The UX Design Award 2019 | Gold goes to Intuity Media Lab for the intelligent microscope minimic.
In a first step, the #UXDA19 jury nominated 51 projects from over 20 countries to participate in the UX Design Awards 2019. In a second step, it determined the 10 winners of the UX Design Awards 2019. After two days of thorough testing, intensive deliberation and dispute, the jury, composed of renowned experts for human centered design, interaction design, industrial design, design and innovation strategy, bestowed one Gold Award, six Product Awards and three Concept Awards.
The UX Design Award 2019 | Gold goes to Intuity Media Lab for minimic.
With its integrated AI, the intelligent microscope is able to learn from human experts and analyse samples independently. It can diagnose infectious diseases that threaten millions of people around the world. With this prize, the jury recognizes the outstanding relevance of the product. Moreover, the jury considers the fact that the algorithm used in minimic is open for further development by the professional community as a positive example for how technology and creativity can be integrated in positive ways.
In the UX Design Awards | Product 2019 category (market-ready products and services), the jury chose the following six winners among 32 nominated submissions:
- Bimodal hearing care from cochlea implant system Cochlear Nucleus® 7 and hearing aid ReSound LiNX Quattro – by Smart Hearing Alliance
- Cookidoo® – by intive and User Interface Design for Vorwerk International
- DigitalDiagnost C90 Tubehead – by Philips
- SquareOne – by Wizama
- Tugboat Alarm, Monitoring and Control System – by VanBerlo for Damen Shipyards
- Venue Family: First AI enabled family of Point of Care Ultrasound products – by GE Healthcare
In the category UX Design Awards | Concept 2019 (product visions and concepts) the jury selected three winners among 19 nominated projects:
- Citizen-oriented judicial system – by Renderspace for The Supreme Court of the Republic of Slovenia
- Fuel ordering app for Lufthansa pilots – by Valtech for Lufthansa
- INTUSI: intuitive operating of excavators in the digitalized construction site – by Technische Universität Dresden and Liebherr
Users worldwide are called to vote for their favorite solutions. Voting for the audience prize “UX Design Award | Public Choice” will be open from 20 August until 31 October 2019 on the UX Design Awards website: https://www.ux-design-awards.com/en/teilnehmer/2019. The winner of the audience prize will be announced in November 2019.